How to Convince Employees that EHR Software is a Good Idea
As a practice administrator, you know how difficult it can be to get others on the same page. This is particularly true when you want to introduce new technology.
Here are some of the challenges you will face:
- Current employees are set in their ways.
- New technology makes them believe that they will spend more time training and less time “doing.”
- It is your responsibility to learn the software inside and out, using the knowledge to get others on board.
Obviously, you have the ability to make a decision and go with it. You don’t need the permission of others to implement EHR software. Even so, it’s nice to have everybody on the same page before you make such a big decision.
Convincing others that this is a good idea starts with the following:
- Prove that it will boost their efficiency, save them time, and help them work more effectively.
- Show how the software will improve patient care, which is something everybody in the practice is passionate about.
- Demo, demo, and demo some more. Don’t just say that EHR software is the solution, demo the technology so that everybody can get a hands on view.
When you take these steps, you have a much better chance of convincing employees that EHR software is a good idea. You may still face some resistance. You may still wonder how long it will take to get everybody thinking alike. Even so, keep your eyes on the prize. You know that everything will work out in the end.