EHR Software and Pricing: What’re You Getting in Return?
There are many medical practices that have yet to make the change to EHR software. Of these, a large majority is familiar with the benefits of this technology. However, for one reason or another, they continue to put this off.
Money, money, money.
This is one of the primary concerns when implementing EHR software. While there’s no denying the investment, you need to remember this: you’re getting a lot in return for the money you spend.
For example, electronic health records allow you to provide better patient care. Along with this, your office will work in a more efficient manner. And of course, you can’t overlook the fact that EHR software allows you to cut back on potential mistakes.
In regards to dollars and cents, here are some details that deserve your attention:
- The cost per user per month. ZenCharts has straightforward pricing that can be found right on our website.
- Set-up and training fees. Often times these costs can be enormous, ZenCharts is a flat $7500.
- Hidden charges (you should avoid these at all costs). Everything ZenCharts charges is published right on our website.
- Additional services that can be added for a fee.
- The type of customer support provided by your EHR company. ZenCharts has a 96% customer satisfaction rate! Oh, and access to our full time support engineers is included with the subscription.
We discuss our pricing structure here, which gives potential customers a better idea of exactly what they get for their money. For instance, the more users you have the less you pay per month.
Also, we don’t believe in hidden fees. Furthermore, we have a variety of additional options, such as ePrescription, which adds to the convenience of using EHR software.
When it comes to the financial side of things, don’t focus on how much you’re spending. Instead, focus on what you’re getting in return. This will drive you towards making the decision that is best for your practice and patients.