EHR Software with Clinical Decision Support: 5 Implementation Steps
Have you taken the time to read our post that outlines the key advantages of EHR software with clinical decision support capabilities?
Once you do so, you’ll clearly understand how this technology can have a positive impact on your practice.
The Implementation Process
Of course, there’s one key question to answer before getting started: what does the implementation process entail?
It’s one thing to understand the benefits of EHR software with clinical decision support, but another thing entirely to get started. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that you’re on the right track:
- Choose the right system, as this allows you to be comfortable with the technology from day one.
- Create an internal team that is responsible for implementation and training. Furthermore, don’t hesitate to rely on outside training when necessary.
- Have a plan for successful deployment. At some point, you need to take the step of rolling out the system and allowing your staff to get involved.
- Have a system for ongoing training. It goes without saying that ongoing training is necessary, especially when you consider the fact that some employees will learn more quickly than others.
- Measure and track the impact. In the end, the only thing that matters is results. What type of system will you use to measure and track the impact of the technology on your practice?
Once you decide that EHR software with clinical decision support is the right decision, you can begin to plan for the future.
By following these five steps, it’s much easier to implement this technology in an efficient and effective manner.