Behavioral Health EHR: Must Ask Technology Questions
As you seek an EHR solution for your behavioral health practice or facility, you will be faced with many technology related questions.
These questions are not optional to answer. Instead, you need to address each and every one in a timely manner. Only then can you choose the software that is best for your practice and its patients.
Here is a short list of some of the top questions to answer:
- Is the software web-based or browser-based?
- Does it need to be installed on all devices for optimal use?
- How many times has the software been updated since its original creation?
- Can the software be used on mobile platforms, including both smartphones and tablets?
- Are there any extra fees for added functionality?
- Is it simple to extract data, such as clinical notes and other patient related details?
- What is the process for dealing with any technology related issues?
It’s easy to believe that all EHR software solutions are relatively similar in terms of technology, but nothing could be further from the truth. Once you review multiple options, you will find that some are more advanced than others.
As you answer the above questions, it becomes clear as to whether or not a particular solution has what you are looking for in terms of technology.
When you feel comfortable with the technology, you will never find yourself wondering what’s to come. You will always know that your chosen solution will provide you with high quality, efficient service.
What other questions would you add to this list?