Answer these Questions for Continued EHR Quality Improvement
Once you implement an EHR solution, you can begin to take advantage of the many benefits associated with this technology.
As excited as you may be about the benefits and advantages of electronic health records, here is something to consider: there is always room for improvement. Don’t be afraid to review your system, make changes, and answer questions.
Answering the following questions will ensure that you are on the right track in terms of continued quality improvement:
- Did you meet your initial goals?
- Do you need to reassess the workflow processes you have been using?
- Could your practice benefit from additional training?
- Does it make sense to adjust the responsibilities of the staff?
- Is the technology reliable?
- Is the technology meeting your needs in terms of functionality, speed, and efficiency?
- Is it possible to add more hardware to improve the process?
Even if you are happy with your EHR system, don’t hesitate to conduct an evaluation from time to time. This will help you better understand what is working, what is not working, and any changes you can make for the better.
Note: you may have the best intentions upfront, but things have a tendency to change during the implementation process. This is why you need to continually evaluate your system and process to ensure peak performance at all times.
When was the last time you conducted a quality review of your EHR system? Do you feel that doing so in the near future would be in your best interest?