ZenCharts, IBM Watson, and the Future of EHRs
At ZenCharts, we’re just as excited about the future of EHRs as everyone else.
When you think about a company like IBM, the topic of electronic health records may not immediately come to mind. However, with “IBM Watson Health” at the forefront, it’s easy to see that this company will play a big part in the industry in the years to come.
IBM recently published an infographic to show how “IBM Watson Health supports the vision of population health management beyond the EHR.”
The infographic examined seven key areas in which IBM Watson Health can assist with population health management, much the same as traditional EHRs, such as ZenCharts.
- Enable each member of the care team, along with the patient, to collaborate in an efficient environment.
- Connect organizations that may rely on different EHRs.
- Provide analytics and powerful tools to manage both individual patients and populations.
- Store data for easy access in the future.
- Aggregate and analyze data collected from a variety of sources.
- Capture essential non-clinical data, including but not limited to family history.
- Gather data from a variety of systems as to provide more information at the point of care.
What you see today in regards to EHRs is not what you will see tomorrow. Fortunately, companies like ZenCharts and IBM are changing with the times, as to ensure provider efficiency along with high quality patient care.